- To be invited to a friendly game you don’t have to be a great player, you just have to be a good sport.
- Gossiping on the court is strictly forbidden. Except in emergencies like when it’s really interesting.
- We may not agree on the score or line calls, but we always agree on cocktail hour.
- Club players are like a family… A dysfunctional family you pay dues to play tennis with.
- You must be a good sport… at least until you get home.
- Listen to the Coach. No, you didn’t just do what he said. Yes, he really does know more than you do. Don’t, make him get it on video.
- To be a good partner… you must communicate, shift and laugh off the crazy.
- If a dispute breaks out between the home and away teams:
A. Approach the net.
B. Stay calm.
C. Agree to all their claims, OR… accept that your happy place is about to get ugly.
- Racquet throwing, walking off, foul language and crying on the court are perfectly acceptable.
- To be a successful club player you must have fun, practice, get lessons, go for the win and remember… it’s just tennis.